I am incredibly lucky be 26 years old and to still have 3 loving grandparents alive. I wanted to ask them questions I had about life, since they have a number of years on me.
I asked my Nonnie (or Nons), my grandma on my mother’s side, what life advice she would have for her grandchildren and here is it (in no particular order):
- Be yourself.
- Be the best you can be.
- You can never please everyone.
- Be kind.
- Watch your words.Once they leave your mouth, you can’t take them back.
- Try to leave people (and things) better for having spent time with them.
- Take risks in life. You only get one chance. There are no “re-runs”.
- Learn from your mistakes.
I am so thankful to have such a lovely, smart and caring grandmother, who is very much a part of my life. I love our phone calls and notes. They are kept close to my heart. Thank you my Nons.